TA position: Business Partnership Expert (International Expert)
Estimated duration: 9 months – with potential for extension
Estimated starting date: December, 2021
Duty station: Lusaka, Zambia
AGS Programme is planned with business-oriented approach to increase cooperation between Zambian and Finnish stakeholders aiming that cooperation and development processes started with the Programme would continue also after the Programme ends. Thus, the Programme, in addition to contributing to the impact level, would also support the transition towards more commercial and business focused collaboration between Zambia and Finland.
MSME Business Partnership Expert (BPE) is responsible for KA4: Supporting of the establishment and executing of selected training programmes, KA5: Executing Co-creation and innovation projects between Finnish and Zambian companies and between Zambian and Finnish companies and universities, and KA6: Promoting Access to Market strengthening the business, thus partnerships between Zambian and Finnish companies, and promoting investment into Zambia by
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Master’s degree in economics or other relevant field for the position
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent working knowledge of English language
- Hands-on experience in working with different MSME segments (micro, start-ups, SMEs) on business partnerships
- Experience in collaboration with companies, universities and/or research centres
- Knowledge and experience of Finnish private sector and private sector development as well as Finnish private sector development instruments.
- Understanding of gender issues, responsible business principles and their application to private sector development programmes (e.g. the UN Guiding Principles of Business and Human Rights)
- Strategic thinking and operational planning capabilities
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environment
Click on the images below for Full Terms of Reference (left) and Detailed Job Description (right).