Deadline: 4th April 2022
AGS requires a National Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Expert to assist in collecting, cleaning and analysing data, as well as support for writing reports, and in particular analysis of the Programme’s effectiveness towards supporting gender empowerment, environmental safeguards, increases in revenue, and creation of decent jobs.
Objective of Assignment
The National MEL Expert is a short-term expert position; however, the selected individual will be an integral part of the AGS Programme Management Unit, providing strategic support in data collection, analysis, and report writing. The International MEL (IMEL) Expert, along with the Team Leader/Chief Technical Advisor (TL/CTA), will provide oversight to the National MEL Expert.
Required Qualifications and Experience for Experts
The selected Expert(s) should encompass the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in social sciences or related relevant field (e.g. in sociology, development studies, political sciences, economics, and/or related field) or in development studies;
- At least 5 years work monitoring and evaluation experience in private sector development programmes;
- Proven experience in design and implementation of MEL systems for development co-operation programmes/projects, preferably in the context of private sector development and/or innovation;
- Experience developing database tools and online data collection;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English language and ability to write clear reports; and
- Ability to work within a tight time frame and meet deadlines.
The planned implementation period of this assignment is between April 2022 – December 2022.
Duration of the contract: maximum of 123 consultancy days.
*Click on image below to view full Terms of Reference
To apply, please email your CV and qualifications to email@example.com.