Deadline: 20th August 2022
AGS requires a consultant (firm) to assist the programme with a Circular Economy Study that aims to understand the market needs in Zambia and business opportunities for Zambian and Finnish companies in the circular economy sector based on the raw material available in Zambia for recycling and remanufacturing.
Scope of Assignment
Content of the market study should cover the following (at the minimum):
1. Establish the main waste streams to be used as raw material for circular business models.
2. Map the waste collection for the selected waste stream(s) in AGS Programme focus provinces
3. Identify the value chain(s) and distribution chain(s) for the defined waste stream(s) and circular business model(s).
4. Define the opportunities for youth and women involvement in the value chain(s).
5. Identify business opportunities as “low hanging fruits” based on the potential for local (re)manufacture and availability of raw materials locally.
6. Evaluate the quality and standards for (re)manufacturing of the identified goods.
7. Propose potential concepts including business linkages and partnerships locally, regionally and between Zambian and Finnish companies.
8. Identify needs and opportunities for technology transfer.
9. Recommend next steps in tapping into business opportunities identified.
Required Qualifications and Experience for Experts
- The selected SP should be a company or other legal entity, and encompass the following requirements:
- Proven experience in conducting market studies
- Solid professional understanding of the circular economy sector
- Proven experience in identifying business opportunities and initiating business partnerships
- Demonstrated knowledge on networks of MSMEs and start-ups and stakeholders in the circular economy related sectors in Zambia, ideally in Lusaka, Copperbelt and/or North Western Provinces
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking and facilitation skills
- • Fluency in spoken and written English language and ability to write clear reports.
- • Ability to work within a tight time frame and meet deadlines.
The intended implementation period of this assignment is between September 2022 – December 2022.
*Click on image below to view full Terms of Reference
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.